Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

head pain after stroke

Hi I am posting for my mom that is over my house  for the evening.  She had a stroke on her 60th birthday.  About 6 months later she started getting head pain.  Not like a headache.  More like a hot burning pain that move around the head.  She has tried everything and no pain reliever works.  She is desperate at this point to be out of pain.  She is never without some kind of pain.  She sometimes says even the air from the window will hurt.  She is on plavix, bp medicine, high cholestrol medicine and neurotin.  She is now working out daily and an average weight.  She has tried to discontinue one medicine at a time to see if it was something she was taking but nothing has worked.  She has seen countless doctors to try and get the pain to even a liveable level.  Has anyone else out there had "head pain" like this after a stroke?  Please any advice would help.  

Thanks for writing to the forum!
The pain could be due to some swelling in the brain that had also caused stroke. This could also be due to migraine. The other possibility is cervical nerve compression.
. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!