sounds like something is affecting the Trigeminal nerve. if it was so sudden maybe from an infection although it's uncommon.
if the problem persists I read that there are Facial pain clinics and specialists.
one thing you could do is Complete blood count + esr.
If you lips went numb after eating something, it could be an allergy as this what happens when one eats peanuts and the face swells. It could be a mild allergy as a full one leaves you with difficulty breathing. Some seafood can cause tingling lips, swollen face. I think it could feel rock hard because the swelling is so great your skin cannot expand, keeping it tight in your cheek. An allergist that tests for food allergies would help.
It could be Trigeminal neuralgia, only if you have extreme pain it. It wasn't listed as one of your symptoms, but if you do have it, see a neurologist.
Take care and hope you find the reason!
Go to the ER, you may have had a stroke.