Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

hip pain

I have worked as a paramedic for 20 years, Over the past 2 to three years I have begun to limp, my left leg seems longer than the right, and a lot of pain in left hip and left lower back.  I have been diagnosed with 4 minor bulging disks in my lumbar region and went through 8 weeks of PT with no relief.  The Doctor I saw at the time said this was just normal aging for a 46 year old female and nothing to be concerned with.  The pain keeps me awake, and occassionally the left leg gives way and I fall.  I have had several injuries over 20 years on the ambulance, please help me I'm so tired of limping, not able to stand straight, and the pain.
There are a few possibilities for your symptoms.It can be due to arthritis(osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis),trochanteric bursitis(Inflammation of the sacs or space around the joint), Tendinitis from repetitive or strenuous activity, strain or sprain of the muscles due to its overuse or infection of the hip joint leading to necrosis. Low-back pain such as sciatica,spinal stenosis,spinal disc herniation or prolapse or fractures can also cause such pain.

Without physical examination it is very difficult to make a diagnosis.
I feel that you should consult an orthopedician and get yourself thoroughly examined and investigated.Agter x-rays lower back and limbs and CT/MRI lopwer back or limbs only something can be said with confirmation.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.