Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

hot and cold shaking fits

Hi, I've never used one of these sites before but I am really worried and wondering if anyone could help me.
I am nearly 21 and at University in Nottingham, and last week I had an ear infection which I get about once a year in cold weather. this progressed to a migraine also, and then in bed last friday night I had some kind of cold fit. It wasn't even very cold but it felt like my bones were freezing and i wouldnt stop shaking or my teeth stopped chatting. when i eventually fell asleep I woke up an hour later sweating, I was so hot I felt like I was going to be sick. My ear infection has gone but my migraine has stayed with my for a week and this morning I had another one of the cold, shaking fits. Followed by being incredibly hot now, and sweating. Can anyone help me? I'm really worried.

Many thanks,

Kirsty
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Shivering, cold fits followed by sweating is seen in generalized viral infections (viral fever), bacterial infections and in malaria. Though there is no need to panic, you must consult your doctor soon and get yourself investigated.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!