hot burning palms

I have been suffering with what I think is RA. I have had alot to muscle pains in wrists, shoulders, upper arms and ankles. It comes and goes. Sometimes it is very painful. It is releaved with heat or arthritis ointments. Now I am experiencing red hot palms with some tingling and puffiness. could this all be related and could it be RA?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
The only way to be sure is to get into the doctor. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot. Now are the hot red palms helped by heat, or ointments? Perhaps considering some reaction to ointment is possible too. But red hot palms can be a sign of other illnesses including autoimmune problems. Not ever disease causing joint pain is always arthritis either, but can be related. My suggestion is see a good internist, or even a rheumatologist if you can. They should be able to help you with this. I really hope you get the help you need. Peace. Sorry I cannot do more.
The red palms are releaved by putting a cold ointment on them such as noxzema that also sooths sunburn.
Do your feet get like this too? Does cooling them down or a cold surface help like in cool water? Does the skin become bright red and hot to touch? Something to look up that might be of interest if that is the case is erythromelelgia. I hope you can get the answers you seek
My feet get tingly but not red. Yes the skin on my palms get bright red and hot to touch. I will do the research as you suggested. Putting on cool surface does make them feel better. I will look up erythromelelgia as you suggested
My palms start itching whenever exertion is involved. Starts between two fingers and spreads to entire palm.  Top of the hand doesn't itch.  Wrists itch as well.  If I run cold water on them the itching soon goes away. I seems as if it's a blood flow issue.