Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

ibs, itching and fainting

I've been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome.  But I have other symptoms that accompany my episodes.  Here are the symptoms:  right before I have an explosive bowel episode, I have prickling/itching on my palms, the bottom of my feet, the top of my head.  Usually 20 minutes after a meal - any meal.  Doesn't matter what I eat.  All episodes include explosive diarrhea and cramping.  I have also blacked out after the episode.  I go each month for a B-12 shot.  My body apparently doesn't absorb vitamins well.  I have had a B-12 deficiency as well as a D deficiency.  Doctors have most generally looked at me like I'm nuts.  Any help would be appreciated.
Have you been tested for allergies? If so you might want to, if for nothing else to rule it out.
Also if you haven't already you might want to post this question in the IBS forum as well.
Have you ruled out all other possible stomach, intestine, bowel disorders? Sounds like it could also be a nerve problem, or a neurological problem, maybe even anxiety. Obviously you don't have typical symptoms, so the doctors would have to do lots of testing, and actually think to figure out what is wrong with you, and they should because you are obviously suffering from something. Don't let them just look at you like you are just nuts, if that doctor doesn't help you find a new one, that's what I would do. Good Luck I hope you get it figured out, and feel better soon.
Thanks Amy4891.  Had several tests done during an episode.  The only thing abnormal is my white blood cell count being high.  Colonoscopies have shown nothing other than some inflammation which I've been told is IBS.  First doc thought ulcerative colitis.  Second doc said no ulcerative colitis.  Just called it IBS and gave me a "take as needed" medication.  2 ER visits showed nothing other than the white blood cell count thing.  One doc suggested that during an episode my blood pressure may be dropping.  She said keep gatorade and water on hand - not always practical.  Thank you for the encouragement.  May check out the neurology side.
I have had the same problem, for sometime now. Have had many tests done. The doctor diagnosed me with IBS, but I do not think that is what is causing the issues, that has been happening similar to yours. I have been tested for Lyme Disease (which you would have to find a specialist, because it is usually dismissed by most medical professionals) as well as Candida (again dismissed by most medical professionals). I am still waiting on my test results. Just a suggestion for you.
I have IBS also, and I have never heard of anyone passing out from it, but maybe your body goes into some kind of shock??? I am sorry you are having such a hard time :-( I hope you find some answers.