Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

iodine deficiency causes fatigue and depression

it is only until a threshold is reached that underactive thyroid is diagnosed. one can stay below this threshold for years without triggering diagnosis- symptoms- fatigue constipation depression raised cholesterol(heart disease) brain fog apathy dry skin-eczema ARE ALL CAUSED BY IODINE DEFICIENCY. our bodies are designed to be eating fish all day. pls buy kelp or lugols iodine and spread the word. the recommended daily intake is too low-to keep people ill requiring medicines. look at japan and the incidence of disease-it has the highest intake of iodine
I just tried Hijiki (seaweed) and had no reaction.  All these years I have been afraid to try any seaweed because of the reaction I had to Nori.  Hijiki seems to be alright.  I have taken kelp supplement without problem, so I got a package of kelp to try--later.  I am taking my time, because I need to make sure I'm not going to have a big reaction, since I know I can't use Nori.  

And, yeah, I'm one of the people who probably has the iodine deficiency who supposedly tests "normal" for the TSH.  I can't get the doctors to test for the free T3 or T4 or thyroid antibodies.  I know I have low iodine, but can't get anywhere.  I will look for the Lugol's iodine.
an higher dose of thyroxin should sort all your problems, let me know plz.