irregular cycles

i have irregular cycles. have ever since i began. around the age of 16. what can i do to regulate it. some dr.s have tried telling me to get on birth control, but being that i'm trying to have a child that is something i don't want to consider, and it's corrupting my sex life with my husband. departely in need of help.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0

There are numerous reasons for having irregular periods. . High level of stress, cholesterol, hormonal imbalance, chain smoking, dramatic changes in your life style may be some of the common causes of you irregular periods.

Another important and frequent cause of irregular periods are PCOS and fibroid uterus. PCOS causes cysts to form on the ovaries, interfering with regular ovulation. Symptoms of this syndrome include: excessive hair growth, weight gain, acne, dandruff, high blood pressure, and infertility. Left untreated, it can lead to other more serious complications, including endometriosis, heart disease, and ovarian cancer. Diagnosed by blood tests like blood insulin levels, serum testosterone and androgen levels and ultrasound.

Fibroids are benign tumors of the uterus. They are diagnosed by ultrasound lower abdomen or CT abdomen.

I feel that first an attempt should be made to confirm why irregularity is menses is there.Then treating that cause will be more helpful.Pls consult your gynecologist and discuss the possibilities with her.Birth control is one of the methods for controlling irregularity.But unless and until,the underlyong cause is rectified,treatment will be pseudo.

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.