Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

is there something wrong with me

im 25 years old i smoke 20 fags a day at the most i didnt start smokeing till i was 19 but the last few weeks iv add bad heart burn and i took my blood preasure today on my girlfriends blood presure machine and the results it give me was 83 heart rate 105 diastolic and 149 systolic but im really worried im hurting myself and what can i do to help my self

Your symptoms are related to smoking. Smoking harms nearly every organ of your body, causing many diseases and reducing your health in general.

Heart burns can be related to acid reflux or lung conditions(resulting from smoking) mimicking heart burns. Eat small nutritious meals at frequent intervals instead of a heavy single meal. Exercise frequently and take your dinner atleast 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also raise the head end of the bed by 2 blocks.For now, pls take some antacid like Maalox and Mylanta or OTC medications like zantac or prilosec.

The raised heart rate can be due to effects of smoking on heart.Smoking is one of the modifiable risk factors for coronary heart disease.It has been seen that smoking increases blood pressure, decreases exercise tolerance and increases the tendency for blood to clot.

I feel that the treatment of all your symptoms lies in quitting smoking.But pls ensure that you get a physician’s check up and ecg heart done to check what damage has been done to the heart and rest of the body.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.