Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

itchy skin

ok my girlfrien had a itchy rash with lots of white spots on her arms and larger almost like scabs on her legs evan though nothing was found she was told she has scabies shes ben treated and still nothing has improved know have a rash similar with the small white bumps no larger scabs or anything else just realy itchy after being checked and treated just incase for scabies they tell me i have ecsama nothing in my past with it either what do you think?

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or eczema.

Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. She could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. She needs to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for the symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how she is doing.

Regards.