Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

itchy

I have had a very itchy swollen and sore vigina for a month now.. I am 25 years old not pregnant n I am not having sex to...
You could see your doctor for a swab to be taken to find out what is causing this and then get prescribed the appropriate meds.

I feel that you may have Thrush.  You do not always get a discharge with Thrush.  You can also get this in the mouth and throat.  If you have had antibiotics or consume a lot of sugary foods, this can change the PH levels on the skin and the fungus starts to multiply and then you get the symptoms.

Bacterial infections of the vagina usually produce a discharge that has a bad odour and fishy smelling.  You would require an antibiotic if you have this and the swab taken by the doctor would show which fungal or bacterial problem you have.

You can buy from the pharmacist a cream that is used for Thrush and also a one dose oral capsule called Fluconazole 150mg.  The doctor can also prescribe these.

As a home remedy, bathe in a bath with a couple of handfuls of oats.  And apply natural yogurt (the set kind is better as it is less runny and messy).
Yogurt helps to cool down the itchiness and also helps to bring down the inflammation.  You can also eat the yogurt too.

When you wash, do not use any soaps, shower gels, bubble baths or any feminine sprays.  You may also have an allergy to any hair removal product or to shaving (if you do that).

Mild non perfumed soaps and baby bath gels are fine.

Only wear cotton underwear.  Do not wear tights or tight clothing like trousers.  Wash your clothes using non-biological detergents and use the non-allergenic fabric softeners.

Eat a healthy and well balanced diet with fresh fruit and veg and natural yogurt.  Cut out or cut down on refined sugary foods and fizzy drinks.
Drink 2-3 litres of water to keep you well hydrated.  You may need to drink more if you sweat a lot or do workouts.  But do not overdo it as having too much water is just as dangerous as getting dehydrated.

You can also buy the good bacteria in capsule or tablet form from your herbal shop (but natural yogurt with live cultures is fine too).

Try not to scratch (easier said than done, I know).  Scratching will damage and harden the skin and can makes things much worse.

When using the toilet, wipe your bottom from front to back and wash your hands (I have no doubt that you do) after using the toilet and before eating any food.

Hope you get some relief very soon.

Best wishes.

Sounds like thrush or infection you should see your doctor
You could just have a bout of Thrush, however it is advisable to go to GP to rule out anything else & to seek treatment to prevent it recurring.
Unfortunately, even with treatment, it can still come back.  

It is therefore, important to have a healthy diet and go easy on highly refined sugary foods.  People with diabetes can have a problem with Thrush so it is important to control the sugar levels in the blood.