knee pain

I have a pain in the back of my right knee. I can sit for about 5 or 10 min and when I get up I feel like I am going to fall. When I lay in bed it aches. Its just the back of my right knee and I can feel that it is swollen. Can anyone help me with this pain. I have tried icy hot cream and bengay  hot towels.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

it seems that you have some kind of injury in the knee, by this mean that there appear to be a deep muscle pull at the back of the knee or perhaps an internal injury inside the joint.
Have you had nay injury or trauma at the site in the past?
I think some local application may be tried with perhaps with some bandaging on the top to restrict the movements for a few days. OTC painkillers are another option. If still not relived you may see a doctor for a further assesment
Helpful - 0

The most important cause of pain behind the knee is baker’s cyst. Baker’s cyst can arise from a cartilage tear.
The diagnosis can be confirmed by ultrasound and examination. Mostly the cysts can be treated by rest and limb elevation. A surgical excision can be done if the cyst is causing too much discomfort.
Please discuss this possibility with your orthopedic specialist and keep us posted!

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community