Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.2k Members

large,lump behind ear

I have had a hard lump behind my left ear for several years. I have been too scared to find out what it is (dr.Phobia).Over the years I have tried to get the stuff inside-out. The lump has tripled in size because I am always squeezing it. There is puss in it at this point and occasionally hard white stuff. It has also moved over the years from the center of the back of my ear to the bottom corner right behind the lobe. Too scared to find out what it is....any feedback from a doctor would be very appreciated.
2 Responses
351246 tn?1379682132
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is difficult to comment without examination.  Lump behind the ear could be an abscess, folliculitis (hair follicle infection), lipoma (localized collection of fat), a cyst, an inflamed lymph node or a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in of nerve and connective tissue). Since it has been there for years it must be a lipoma, a cyst, a swollen lymph node. Please do not squeeze it again and again. Consult a doctor and get this examined.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Stop picking at it!  Just like any zit, picking at it isn't going to help!

It sounds exactly like the "zit" (aka the planet) that I had behind my ear.  It took _FOREVER_ to go away. And (contrary to my first sentence) the only way I got it to get lost was to have a friend lance it for me.  (Seriously, health care workers and students are the WORST patients ever!).

YOU, my dear madam,  shall be smarter than me and GO TO A DOCTOR.  They shall lance it if need be, or straight out remove it.  Perhaps give you an antibiotic so it doesn't spread.  It will be glorious and SAFE.... unlike your responder who decided she didn't care if she lost her ear to an infection, (butthankgodshedidn'tbecauseshewould'vebeenreallypissedatherself.)

*ahem*

(I'm in a goofy mood, don't ask).

See a doctor! Take care! Keep us posted!
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.