lesions inadvertantly found during cervical mri

I was rear ended in a car accident a few months ago, and had cervical MRI performed. It's a mess all of my discs are really messed up. But at the bottom under the section called other findings, It says that a 1 centimeter focal lesion was found in my skull base in the region of the sphenoid sinus, And also an ovoid Lesion on my right thyroid lobe, Majoring at least 11 millimeters and it also says my isthmus is thickened to six mm AP dimension.
Does this mean I have cancer?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Unlikely.  Lesions can have a number of different causes. You'll definitely want to talk to your doctor about the location, size, and appearance of the lesions to get a sense of what they are. Lots of people have 1 or 2 lesions somewhere in their brain. They can be caused by migraines, Celiac Disease, and several other conditions.  If you had numbness, tingling, vision problems, balance issues, significant fatigue, or other neurological symptoms, then you need to be examined by a neurologist.

The thyroid lesion would justify testing your thyroid, but 90-95% of them are benign.  You'll probably want further testing to make sure you're in that 90-95th percentile.