Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

lower left abdominal pain

a couple of weeks ago I was having horrible lower abdominal pain hurt to even walk. Now it is in my lower left abdominal. It feels like some one is sticking me with a knife. When I go to the bathroom it hurts even worse. There is no burning or irritation. I have had a urinary track infection before and this feels nothing like it. I have had a complete hysterectomy so I know it is not a woman problem. Just tiered of the pain.

How are you?

As complete hysterectomy has been done in your case,so ovarian cysts and pelvic inflammatory disease have been ruled out.The other possibilities which present with such pain in the lower left abdomen are diverticulitis(due to the out pouching of the wall of the bowel like out growing fingers outside the walls of the bowel, mainly affecting the sigmoid colon), Crohn’s disease(inflammatory bowel disease if effects the descending or sigmoid colon) , bowel obstruction, hernias, irritable bowel syndrome , kidney obstruction or pyelonephritis, psoas abscess  and volvolus (twisting of the sigmoid part of the large bowel on itself).

Investigations like ultrasound abdomen and CT abdomen are required to confirm a diagnosis.My advise is to consult a gastroenterologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.