Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.2k Members

lump near my sternum

I have a lump near my sternum its only sore when touched or pushed on but when i bend over or move side to side im feeling this piercing feeling it is hard on my sternum but below its soft and thats where it hurts...it makes me have problems breathing...I have Lupas and Connective tissue disease so could this be related? Dr did a heart cath everything is ok there chest xray wasnt good i cant take enough deep breaths in to make a good xray my pulmonoligist says...my lungs are not getting enough expansion to exhale or breath due to my illnesses..i also have asthma...im 51 yrs old ...i just noticed this lump 3 mths ago but they all thought it was my heart so they have been monitoring it...now my surgeon is being questioned why he wants to do a cat scan with dye on me when all these other tests are coming back normal...im not a hypocondriac but someone has to tell me something...Its getting worse...surgeon said not a hernia for sure ultra sound said no cysts so now where do we go?>>>> im tired of tests after tests...someone please explain this to me
1 Responses
5301120 tn?1366209400
I have been having some of the same symptoms.  All tests came back normal too.  VERY frustrating.  Went to see a  Psysiatrist (Pain Doctor) who diagnosis was a strain in my Xyphoid Process.  Just had a cortisone injection on Monday, but not sure it is going to help.  If it doesn't relieve the symptoms I received information from a friend (nurse) who spoke with someone with the same symptoms that has done botox injections and said it helped.  
Like you, frustrated!  It completely interferes with my daily life, exercise, etc.  I can't bend, can't stand for long and I've gained a great deal of weight.  
On the brighter side, I just started the Slenderiix diet and I am loosing weight.  Hoping that will also help.  I'm sure the added weight over the past two years has not helped my health.  
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.