Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

lump on neck

I was eatin some food and all of a sudden I got a pain in my neck almost behind my ear.  A couple seconds later it turned into a big lump.  I stated sweating really bad and started feeling sick (possibly from worrying).  It has been a good 30 minutes and its still there.  What could this be and is it serious?  Thank you

This could be due to dislocation or swelling and inflammation at the temporo mandibular joint or the jaw joint.

You should try some warm compresses, take some pain relief medications for the pain, antihistamine medications for the swelling and eat soft foods for the next few days.

If your symptoms still persist, it would be advisable to consult your doctor.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.