Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

mold

I have mold in my brand new apartment that is on my window sills that is from the dampness from rain and the cold.  I don't know if this is black mold but it looks like it.  I informed my landloard of the
problem today.  What can they do to remedy this problem?
1 Responses
144586 tn?1284669764
Okey dokey. This mold responds well to an application of ammonia. Don't use bleach. And  NEVER EVER AMMONIA AND BLEACH TOGETHER! The resultant gas is POISONOUS!  As in causing death. With the kids and pets out of the house, make it a point to have a spray bottle of ammonia handy. Open the windows. Walk into the room, take a deep breath (hold it). Spray an area three foot by three foot thoroughly. Run from the room and leave the house and do your errands. Visit your girlfriends. Get some chocolate chip cookies!  Two hours later the fumes will be all gone. Repeat this procedure until all the area contaminated by mold is covered. This will kill the black mold. Then think about a dehumidifier. This stuff likes damp places. If you have wallpaper it may be under the wallpaper (which would have to be removed). When it is all gone, spray with water and repaint.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.