Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

my mom always having kidney stones and had surgeries etc.

Hi I got a question my mother was always dealing with kidney stones and what not. for years now she had couple of surgeries or went to the doctor for treatment in kidney stones. she told me that to not eat salty food very salty foods. and that is the cause of her stones. she recently went to the hospital again this past week due to abdominal pain and nausea. they couldn't take another x ray due to the doc says it might too much radiation within a period of time. it took like about like two months after they had to shake the stones in the hospital procedure treatment. still have some upcoming pain.  she always have this problem and she hates taking these nasty medicines. one time she took a soda and asparagus vegetable remedy. and a lot of x rays when she went for another exam after a couple of days doing this remedy the stones went away worked only one time. but she don't want to do that every time?
other now she just takes the meds the docs give and a lot of x rays.  she doesn't eat that much salts like me and she tells me don't eat salts salty food which I like eating. but what is enough? wtf?  
what is the real cause of this kidney stones thing. is there another remedy that is actually causing these so called stones?
im thinking the stones just will keep on coming and she will need to see the doctor every time regardless of treatment. that kinda what I see happening. is there another thing causing this on and on stones? I ask her to ask the doctor but her doctor says its cause by eating so much salty foods wtf? I think something else is going on here. I feel sorry for my mother but im just wondering what is the cause of all this stones. im  not a md doctor but im just curious I look google but still. if there are causing stones all the time why they don't do test of the other cause like maybe defiency in something or other root causes?