neck nodules

I woke up yesterday morning with swollen internal lump on the side of my neck approximately one inch below my ear.
Since then i've developed three more internal lumps the size of a gumball leading down my neck towards my mid back. I have no idea  what this could be. However i have been exposed to a close friend who had meninigits, but i have no other s/s of this. I have kissed someone within the past 4 hours, i've also been with this someone in other ways. Can you please give me a clue of what this may be. My body aches and has been for the past 3 days. I'm in the medical field, and work with immunosupressant pts, and do not wish to expose anyone or my current coworkers. Thanks for you help regarding this situation, it is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The swellings are probably swollen lymph nodes. Neck lymph nodes can be the result of tonsillitis, pharyngitis (infection of upper throat), infection in mouth, caries in tooth, internal ear infection, outer ear infection, eczema, dermatitis, dandruff, breast cancer etc. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining.
The enumerated the possibilities can be investigated or ruled out one by one by your physician and dentist. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.