needle pricking stinging burning pains
I have chronic back problems, mainly scoliosis, disk degeneration, and arthritis. But lately, now joint and muscle pains as well as stinging burning pains all over my body.  My spine hurts, regardless of taking meds, and my muscles clench up from a strong s curve.  Problem is the newly added stinging and burning pin pricking all over my body.  One previous poster was given advice about some device which could conceivable cut down pain (like morphine, I believe they said) and wow that would improve my life quality alot.  Does anyone know what device this poster meant?  I've been to orthopedic surgeons, and one rude one said "what do you want us to do take the chance of operating and you end up paralyzed?"  I was surprised at that comment.  He also said aging and pain is a part of life, get used to it.  I believe this doctor has no idea of how much pain I'm in, and how it affects my life.  Wow, some people.  
I read a previous post from an individual who suffered from disk degeneration like mine,
I'm sorry you are in pain.  Chronic pain is really terrible and nobody will understand it unless they go through it.  I have mild scoliosis and burning pains all over - no concrete diagnosis after two years either.  I have decided it is from stress at this point - b/c if I am relaxed and having a good time, I don't notice the pain as much.  Have you considered going to a pain specialist?  I was put on Cymbalta and Pamelor.  Both are antidepressants, but they fight pain - and better yet, the Pamelor helps me sleep (I have insomnia too:)  Anyway, I don't like taking meds, but if antidepressants work then I will take those any day over pain killers.  Honestly, I think the Pamelor has done the most good for me.  I hope any of that helps - also consider something like yoga.  Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.