nerve or muscle twitches

I am a healthy female of 39 yrs.  All of a sudden, I'm sitting and I can feel strong nerve changes in my upper leg.  It's like a throbbing (no pain) but is occurring 5 times a day over 3 days,,,,,, what is this?  I have for years suffered from eye twitches that seem similar.  
Have you been under a lot of stress lately ? because it seems stress related to me, our bodies seem to act differently when we are under an excessive amount of stress.. if you are not feeling any pain during the time this throbbing occurs then like i said it could be stress.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, caffeine and fatigue all cause similar symptoms. Hence if you take alcohol or coffee then cut this down. Sleep at regular hours and see if it helps. Certain sleep disorders and peripheral nerve disorders due to diabetes or hypothyroidism can also be the cause. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.