Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

new lump under skin

A few days ago husband found a lump about the size of a hard pea under the skin in his abdomin... about 5-7 inches right of his belly button.  He has a fatty cyst/tumor on his back, and this new lump feels nothing like that.  It is very hard and doesn't move much, the skin seems to move over it, but it stays stationary.  It is near several large moles.  1 is large, raised and round the other is dark, VERY large, only slightly raised and very irregular borders.  I don't know if it could be at all related to the moles, but thought it could be helpful knowledge if needed.

Please advise what he should do or if it is something to not be concerned with.   He does NOT have a dermatologist.  Which I know he should see one for his moles.

This sounds like a swollen lymph node. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
Soft nodes are most likely ginfection or inflammation, firm but rubbery nodes could be lymphoma and rock hard nodes are more likely from some other type of metastatic cancer not lymphoma.

I sincerely advise you to consult a physician and get your husband evaluated for this.FNAC may be needed to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.