numbness and involuntary thumb movement

I have numbness in my right thumb and index finger.  My hand feels swollen, though it is not.  Vague numbness in forearm as well.  Involuntary movement in thumb, where it pulls involuntarily into my palm, and I have severely reduced coordination in my right hand. As an MS patient, I was treated with Solumedrol 2 weeks ago, with no improvement, in fact seemingly worse symptoms now.  Is there anything else this could be other than an exacerbation?  
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I was having kinda the same problem, but my fingers would get stuck straight open, I would drop things that i was holding, my hand would give out..  lots of pain. I had to leave work, I went to a neroligist and artritis doctors.. i had mri, bloodwork, ultrasound and x ray... it showed that i had carpal tunnel but that i also had abnormal tendons..  i had surgery last week and i guess it was a mess. but will not know exactly what was done till i meet with the surgeon in a week.. i had issues for six months before the doc really listened to me.. but i would suggest you ask to see a neroligist.. sorry about spelling
Thanks a bunch - I will be speaking with my neuro today - I have MS, so this may be a relapse. Thanks.
your welcome.. best of luck