pain/numbness back of neck

my hubby has numbness in the back right side of his neck for what seems to be no reason and then when he is fighting a cold or getting sick the back right side of his neck is so sore that i cant even rub it and there is no answers that come from doctors.  Could it be a gland or lymph node that is for some reason the "cold fighter hero" because he's not ill much....but when he does its really bad.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0

Numbness and pain at the back of the neck can be due to cervical spondolysis causing compression of the nerves, diabetes, stroke and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause such symptoms.Other causes are transient ischemic attack, motor neurone disease, or autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosis or lupus erythematosus. A diagnostic evaluation by a doctor is necessary to rule these out.

My opinion is to get yourself examined by a neurologist. After confirmatory diagnosis only, treatment can be started.Till then,pls get his blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated.He can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the numbness is gone or not.

Hope this information helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your husband is doing or if you have any additional queries.