pain

Ive been having pain below my navel and side of my right hip. It hurts when I walk. If I pick up anything heavy. xtreme pain. I wake up in the middle od night with a stomach ache. What could this be?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
To me it sounds like an umbilical hernia. I have one and sometimes will get sharp shooting pains, or sometimes just a dull but constant soreness pain feeling. I found out I had it during my 2nd pregnancy, and one of my doctors (I had several ob/gyns at my office that I would see) said I more than likely had it since I was born but being pregnant stretched it bigger, but that I would probably never need surgery on it. Well my last pregnancy it got a lot worse, probably since my pregnancies were so close together, that it became a lot more painful and I was told to get it repaired as soon as my baby was born, but unfortunately I don't have insurance so I haven't been able to do so (my youngest is 19 months now). So I've been just having to deal with the pain daily. But hopefully if you have a hernia as well you won't have to do that, because there's a lot of risks, and umbilical hernias post a large risk of the hernia becoming strangulated, which requires immediate ER attention. My hernia doesn't stick out so even though your bellybutton isn't sticking out you still might have one (it only stuck out when I was pregnant) but a doctor can easily tell by squeezing your stomach, and they'll feel the separation of your abdominal walls. I would try to avoid lifting anything too heavy or doing a lot of stretching or bending down if you can.