Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

possible breast lump

My Aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer just over a week ago after finding a small lump in hone of her breasts just before Christmas and is due to have a lumpectomy/possible mastectomy on the 1st Feb which will then be followed by radiation treatment every day for 3 weeks.
My Mum went to see her GP last week about getting her HRT tablets and whilst she was she there mentioned to the Dr that she thought she'd found a small lump.The Dr checked her over but couldn't be sure if it was breast muscle she was feeling or whether it was a lump so now Mum's got to go to the Hospital for tests on Friday.
I'ved used crutches to help me walk for the last 6 years and I found out that I have over development of my breast muscles at the beginning of last year which my GP said had been caused by using the crutches.
The thing is I'm sure when I checked myself on Thursday that there is something in my right breast roughly about 2/3cms and it's tender over the area aswell.I still wonder if it's likely to be the muscle but I can actually get hold of it,pull it up and see it through the skin.Do you think this sounds like it's a definate lump cos to be honest I haven't got a clue.
thanks kaz

its hard to say if your lump is muscle or not but based on your family history, and the fact cancer has a genetic component to it, I would HIGHLY recommend you get it re-examined by your doctor.  A mammogram and ultrasound are both painless and will give a lot of information of the nature of the lump - you should insist on having these tests done as its better to be absolutely safe in this case.
Also, if you can "grab" the lump and move it about, it doesnt sound like muscle.