Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

recent stomach and bowel problems

A couple of months ago I started experiencing stomach bloating(often painful), inconsistent bowel movements and acid reflux.  I will often have a small bowel movement and then within 30 minutes have to go again or on occasion I will feel like I have to go and then not be able to.  I have always had a spastic bowel and spastic stomach, but the frequent bloating is something new. I have taken zantac for years for my indigestion and recently my
Dr. has told me that I have a large gallstone, but I dont believe that other than one attack a couple of years ago, it has been an issue.

I have tried adding fibre to my diet, tried the pro-biotic yogurt for a couple of weeks(like the ads tell you to), but nothing is helping. One final thing, though I am overweight, I have not been overeating and even experience the problems when having smaller meals.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I had similar problems.  My doctor decided that they were symptoms related to irritable bowel syndrome.  The thing that has helped me the most is to completely cut out all dairy, and some rich foods such as brocoli, onions, etc.  I am not saying yours is the same thing, but if it is that may help.  It did for me.  

The various possibilities for your symptoms are gall stones,GERD(gastroesophageal reflux disease) and irritable bowel syndrome. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional bowel disorder characterized by mild to severe abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating and alteration of bowel habits. In some cases, the symptoms are relieved by bowel movements.Diarrhea or constipation may predominate, or they may alternate (classified as IBS-D, IBS-C or IBS-A, respectively). IBS may begin after an infection (post-infectious, IBS-PI) or a stressful life event.

I advise you to get an ultrasound and endoscopy done by a gastroenterologist to rule out the above possibilities one by one and finding out a confirmatory diagnosis.

I hope that helps. Take care & Kind Regards.

thank you for your kind assistance
My husband has experienced something similiar.  Ultrasounds were clear and since he is too scared to get a colonoscopy he tried going gluten free and has found his bloating, pain and bm's much improved.