recurring cold sores

I have always had cold sores on occasion, since i was a child.

This past year though, I've had them a lot more often, 3 times in HALF a year. This is very unusual, usually I get them no more than twice in the year.
I am a 30 year old female.

Should I be concerned that I am getting them a lot more often now?
Does this mean that i am immunocompromised? or do they sometimes increase in frequency like this?

Thanks a lot for any advice.
Talk to your doctor/dermatolgist about getting on a Zovirax treatment.  You take this 3 times a day for the 1st month 2x a day the 2nd month and 1x a day the 3rd month..After this you should NOT get them for a very long time and if you do you can get a refill and take a few and your cold sore will go away.
This is caused by stress also that your body does not make an antibody that you need to prevent cold sores. I suffered through high school with then!! I had 2-3 cold sores on my mouth at a time!! I am now 38 and hardly ever get them and when I feel one coming on I take the Zovirax and it goes away!! There is also a cream version now it works also.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.