reoccuring pain in sternum
I am a 21 year old male with type 1 diabetes. For a period of a year or possibly longer I have been getting pain in my sternum when sneezing. I am reasonably fit and have had no shortness of breath. However, I am a smoker. Recently the pain in my sternum has become more frequent and constant but it hasn't been as sore. In my paranoid state the prognosis of lung cancer has been going through my head, this is not that misconceived as several relatives have died from cancer,nevertheless I am unaware of any lumps and have not coughed up blood. It might also be possible that this is stress induced as I am about to sit important exams.
It's a long shot with so little info, but my tenderness around the sternum ended up to be a hiatal hernia.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.