Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.1k Members

right abdomant pain

need a questions answered about this pain in my right side, its right below  my ribcage, about two to three inches to the right of my belly button, threw up all yesterday, feel alot better today as far a nausea goes, had to take laxative due to constipation, i think i may have pulled a muscle in my right ab three days ago, can a severe muscle pull/ tear cuase these symtoms? if not whta could this possibly be?
if anyone could get back to me on this ASAP, that would be great.
thanks
1 Responses
Hi,

There could be several causes of the symptoms you are having.

A muscle pull can cause pain abdomen, but it should not cause any nausea, vomiting or constipation.

'http://www.abdopain.com/lower-right-abdominal-pain.html

You need to consult a doctor to rule out appendicitis, kidney stones, diverticulitis, crohn's disease, pelvic inflammatory disease etc.

The further plan of management would involve -

'-Blood tests including full blood count, electrolytes, urea, creatinine, liver function tests, pregnancy test and lipase.
-Urinalysis
-Imaging including erect chest X-ray and plain films of the abdomen
-An electrocardiograph to rule out a heart attack which can occasionally present as abdominal pain

If diagnosis remains unclear after history, examination and basic investigations as above then more advanced investigations may reveal a diagnosis. These as such would include

-Computed Tomography of the abdomen/pelvis
-Abdominal or pelvic ultrasound
-Endoscopy and colonoscopy'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdominal_pain

You could take some pain relief medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

Let us know about what your doctor advises and if you need any further information.

Regards.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.