severe chills

For about 40 years, have been having severe, shaking chills about two or three times a month, with a couple of degrees of drop in body temperature. By accident, have found that vitamin B-12 helps a lot. Any information about this condition will be appreciated. LouieB
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You have hit the hammer on the nail! Yes, Vit B12 deficiency causes feeling cold, tiredness, dizziness etc. Low intrinsic factor in gut that hampers absorption, pernicious anemia, parasites in the gut, diet poor in Vit B12, Crohn;s disease, IBS, or poor metabolism by liver are the causes behind it. Please consult a doctor to rule these out. Take a diet rich in Vit B12 which should include meat and animal products, cheese, such as beef, liver, salmon, cod, and eggs. Take B12 supplements and breakfast cereals fortified with vitamin B12. Finding the cause is important.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Hi, Thank you for your good information. Only myself to blame for taking so long to ask anyone about this. I intend to follow your suggestions on diet and seeing a Doctor. Perhaps it is a good idea to print my post and your comment and ask a Doctor to read them. Have a good weekend.
You are welcome. Do let me know how you fare.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.