Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

sitting on a "lump"

in August of 2005, I had a severe hamstring group tear, that was never addressed. The tear was about 2 inches above my right knee, rear of thigh. Immediately after the injury, I had the sensation of "sitting on a lump". Lumpy area is high in rear right thigh, going into groin area. I have been sitting on this "mass" for all this time. 3 mri's, 1 ct scan, and 2 xrays. They can't see a thing, but I still have involuntary muscle spasms of the hamsting...original injury site still aches, and the lump (it's either an inflamed muscle or tissue that tore away) is still there. They won't inject any sort of anti-inflamatory product in the area, because they say it's too risky of area (groin). I just can't go on like this. Any ideas?
Hello!
Unfortunately, the lump you feel is probably a bunched muscle...it sounds like you had a significant muscle tear and should have had it surgically repaired...After a muscle tears away from a tendon, it will eventually heal itself, replacing the area with scar tissue...The previously tight and smoothly stretched muscle is now bunched up at the undamaged end...antiinflammatory meds only work on inflamed areas, but do nothing for damaged muscle tissue...Keep in mind, I'm no expert, but I believe surgery may be the only permanent option...