small hole at base of spine

My mum has been complaining for a little while that whilst on long car journeys it has been uncomfortable just like sitting on a boil! ... She noticed yesterday that she has a small hole at the base of her spine - nothing is coming out (blood, puss etc) but there is a definite hole.

She went to the doctors today and the doctor could not explain it.  She did a rectal examination, checked for piles and perferation but all seemed ok.  My mum has been given a course of antibiotics and told to come back in a week.  In the mean time the doctor will try to investigate what the problem might be...

Of course my mum is a little concerned as it can not be explained... any suggestions

Many thanks
Hi. Sure sounds like a pilonidal cyst to me.... Google that on the internet. Good luck.
Dear Nurseynurse714

Have googled this and it certainly sounds like what she has .... many many thanks - it has put our minds at rest until the next doctors appointment next week.

Kind regards
Glad I could help. Take care & good luck w/ mum's doctor appt.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.