Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

spreading pain

hello.  A few weeks before Christmas I hurt the arch of  my foot putting together an air hockey table for my son.  The pain has reoccurred off and on since then, but seems to be getting worse these last few days.  THe pain is in a different part of the foot sometimes, but always in the center portion of the foot.  It hurts during the day, but seems to be worse at nighttime.  It throbs with pain at night.  The pain seems to be between the bone and skin, and spreads up the ankle sometimes.  Last night my wrist hurt a little bit before bed.  I woke up at 3 in the morning with pain up to my elbow.  Sharp shooting pains and aching.  I took a pain killer and eventually fell back asleep.  Today my ankle and arm hurt.  I don't know if the pain in my wrist and ankle are related, but I am starting to feel anxiety about it.  thank you.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Until and unless you hurt or overstrained the wrist, the two pains should not be related. Pain or soreness in the foot, that eases with time during the day, is generally indicative of plantar fasciitis. The first step you take generally after sitting or standing for a long time or when you get up from the bed is painful. As you start walking the pain clears up. Plantar fascia is a ligament that connects your heel bone to your toes. If it swells, becomes weak or inflamed, it causes these symptoms. After some time, you may feel pain always. The other possibility is osteoarthritis. This also causes pain worse after inactivity—the first few steps always painful.  
Other causes of foot pain can be rheumatoid arthritis, faulty arch, ligament tears, fractures, and gout.  
Multiple joint pain can be due to fibromyalgia. Apart from fibromyalgia multiple joint pain is seen in hypothyroidism, low Vitamin D levels, Low Vit B12 levels, anemia, Hasimotos thyroiditis, gout (can sometimes cause multiple joint pain), rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, SLE, electrolyte disturbance particularly those involving calcium and magnesium, parathyroid gland problems, chondrocalcinosis and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Menopause or menopause like condition caused by PCOD is often associated with Vit D and calcium disturbances and hormonal disturbances causing multiple joint pain. Please talk to your doctor regarding these and get yourself examined accordingly.
Please also consult an orthopedic specialist. Meanwhile keep the foot raised. Apply ice pack. Take an anti inflammatory. Take care!