Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

strange spots under my tongue

no one seems to no what this issue i am having is. i get white swirl like or circle like things under and on the sides of my tongue. they hurt if you rub them like brushing or eat something firm. they come and go. they are embarrassing (this word may be spelled wrong). and they show up in the front sides and tip of my tongue as though they want the first taste of food. they are not contagious. i have been tested for all std and aids and my record is and has been clean. plus i am married and have been for ten years. so any answers.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

In my opinion these are canker sores. Canker sores are small shallow ulcers that appear in the mouth and often make eating and talking uncomfortable. They are generally caused by  Stress, tissue injury, eating certain foods – including citrus or acidic fruits and vegetables or underlying health condition, such as an impaired immune system; nutritional problems, such as vitamin B-12, zinc, folic acid, or iron deficiency; and gastrointestinal tract disease, such as Celiac disease and Crohn's disease.

Pain from a canker sore generally lessens in a few days and the sores usually heal without treatment in about a week or two. Avoid spicy or acidic foods during this time.You can use topical ointments like numbing ointments, such as benzocaine (Oragel), anti-inflammatory (steroid) gels,benadryl allergy liquid mouthwash,oral preparations of steroids and vitamin supplements.

But if the sores last for more than 3 wks or start spreading then pls consult a dermatologist. In that case herpes simplex I and tongue cancer has to be ruled out.

Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.