Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

strange spots under my tongue

no one seems to no what this issue i am having is. i get white swirl like or circle like things under and on the sides of my tongue. they hurt if you rub them like brushing or eat something firm. they come and go. they are embarrassing (this word may be spelled wrong). and they show up in the front sides and tip of my tongue as though they want the first taste of food. they are not contagious. i have been tested for all std and aids and my record is and has been clean. plus i am married and have been for ten years. so any answers.

In my opinion these are canker sores. Canker sores are small shallow ulcers that appear in the mouth and often make eating and talking uncomfortable. They are generally caused by  Stress, tissue injury, eating certain foods – including citrus or acidic fruits and vegetables or underlying health condition, such as an impaired immune system; nutritional problems, such as vitamin B-12, zinc, folic acid, or iron deficiency; and gastrointestinal tract disease, such as Celiac disease and Crohn's disease.

Pain from a canker sore generally lessens in a few days and the sores usually heal without treatment in about a week or two. Avoid spicy or acidic foods during this time.You can use topical ointments like numbing ointments, such as benzocaine (Oragel), anti-inflammatory (steroid) gels,benadryl allergy liquid mouthwash,oral preparations of steroids and vitamin supplements.

But if the sores last for more than 3 wks or start spreading then pls consult a dermatologist. In that case herpes simplex I and tongue cancer has to be ruled out.

Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.