strong smelling urine

44 yr old male in good general health has very strong smelling urine....any ideas?
Could be something you are eating.
Is there any change in color? Do you drink alcohol?
Coffee, alcohol, and asparagas just to name a few. These all cause odiferous urine smell. Wonderful!! One may enjoy the pleasures of drinking coffee or alcohol, but does NOT smell too well in the ole' toilet!!
      Plus, as we age, our not-so-good odors become a little more obvious. Oh, the joys of getting older!! I am 53 now, and I have also noticed a difference in my urine odor. I started to notice it about 3 or 4 years ago.
I ask you. Aren't wrinkles bad enough? Does our bodily fluids have to smell kinda stinky, too? ha ha.
I would not worry if I were you. Start drinking more juices. Especially cranberry juice. Great for the ole' urinary tract!!
And makes the urine smell a bit "sweeter."
Good luck!!
What is the smell? Fruity odor indicates ketone bodies, which are associated with diabetes.
There are ancient Chinese practitioners who diagnose internal bodily conditions based on the smell of urine.  Does anyone know of a good book or website that teaches or directly advises what these smells indicate?  I think it's a lost practice and I am very curious to explore.
In all actuality, ketones can be a sign of diabetes, but is also affiliated with diet. Although it is never a bad idea to have a physical, know that ketones present in the urine does not automatically signal diabetes.
On a side note, is the urine cloudy or is a change in color present??..
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.