swollen occipital lymph nodes

about a week ago i discovered 2 swollen lymph nodes. a quick check with wikipedia showed they were occipital nodes (they are just where the neck meets the head, slightly to the right of my spine).

the problem is that they're causing me really annoying neckaches. there is no pain, but my neck ACHES like a mother, especially when i'm sitting at the computer (which is now).

i have a history of pimples on my scalp, which i've read can cause the occipital glands to swell, but never had a swollen lymph node up till now. i can't feel the ones on the left, but i can definitely feel two on the right. they are about the size of a peanut M&M and give a sick ache when i prod them. i've also recently had 2 or more pimples around the area. they're almost cleared up, but the lymph nodes are reaaallly bothering me. please help!
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Any local infection of skin, scalp can cause the lymph nodes in this area to swell. The lymph nodes remain swollen for some time after the infection subsides. If there is repeated infection, then this can make the lymph nodes remain swollen.
If you have recurrent boils in head then consult a skin specialist and get your blood sugar tested.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Thank you so much for your response! I'm going to the doctor's today :)

My worry is: how come it's only now that my nodes are swelling when I've had scalp problems on and off for years?
Help! My doctor says it's lipoma, and I believed her but now it's really starting to ache! What do I do????