thigh pain above knee
I have pain that often appears out of no where right above both my knees in my lower thighs. It is a burning pain and is very painful. I also get pain in my shins (most call shin splints) but it started when I wasn't walking at all.
I walk my dogs around  5 days a week for 1 1/2 to 2 miles a day, (since August 09) I wear the $250 MBT for my planters fascitis (which started before the other symptoms). I am over weight by 40-60 pounds but have been trying desperately to excercise to get some of it off! I joined a gym and am trying circiut training but am afraid to do more damage. I would really appreciate more than "take ibuprofin" as an answer. Please! Sincerely, Ann
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A burning pain in the lower thighs could be due to sciatica which is due to pinched nerves in the sacral nerve roots. This is the first thing that should be ruled out as you are over weight and also have plantar fasciitis. Please consult a neurologist. You may need nerve conduction studies or MRI for confirmed diagnosis.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.