Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

thin corneas

If my corneas are thinning, does that mean I have glaucoma
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If your corneas are thinning then it means that you have keratoconus. This happens due to a hereditary corneal abnormality, injury, following eye diseases such as vernal keratoconjunctivitis, retinitis pigmentosa etc.   Please discuss with your eye  specialist. Take care!
my mother's dr. told her that because her cornea is so much thicker on one side that she would almost for sure develop glaucoma in the next 5 years in that eye....so i would think thinning would be something different..
Glaucoma is diminution of your visual field mainly due to high eye pressure. Not necessarily that thin corneas are accompanied with glaucoma, on the contrarily thin corneas are common to suffer form a condition called Keratoconus which leads to false low intra-ocular pressure i.e your eye pressure which is primary way to detect glaucoma will be low. Going to an Ophthalmologist for evaluation and further testing like Corneal topography and corneal biomechanical properties is highly recommended