Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members
Avatar universal

toxic black mold

Does anyone has/had  a problem  with toxic black mold? I worked in a H.School, my classroom was full of black mold and was never 'cleaned' properly. Since then I have a lot of lung problems. Any one know anything or treatment for it?
2 Responses
144586 tn?1284669764
Black mold can be very toxic indeed. There is more than one variety, and a specialist is needed to determine the specific type. Generally ammonia will destroy this kind of mold. I know people recommend other liquids, but ammonia is the way to go. Before using the ammonia the room should be "dewatered" with use of one of more dehumidifiers. These molds like moist places. In the case of a school, professional help is advised, but in a bathroom use a spray bottle with 100% ammonia, go in, hold your breath and spray a three foot by three foot area.  You should practice this. The idea is NOT to inhale any of the fumes. NEVER EVER USE AMMONIA AND BLEACH! NEVER! Mixed together they form a poisonous gas. Then leave the house to take care of errands. In an hour or two come back and do another three foot by three foot portion, and again leave the house. Keep the bathroom window open. When the entire bathroom is done, wash down the walls thoroughly. It may take you several days to work your way through the bathroom. Keep the dehumidier on. And the windows open.  You can use a sponge mop on the walls. You may have to do this twice. Use the ammonia on all areas, including those not showing mold. I recommend you re-paint with semi-gloss in all instances.
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Your history is quite suggestive of the fact that you have toxic black mold related lung problem. However you must confirm this by simple blood tests which detect the toxins in blood. The next step would be treatment, which is usually aimed at removing the toxins from the body. Left untreated the toxic black mold syndrome can affect other systems too. Do consult your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.