Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

triglycerides

what causes high triglycerides

The causes of high triglycerides levels are:
1. High fat foods and weight gain.
2. Age. Triglycerides levels steadily increase as you grow older
3. Medications like birth control pills, steroids, and diuretics
4. Illness like diabetes, hypothyroidism, kidney disease, and liver disease.
5. Heredity.

http://www.all-about-lowering-cholesterol.com/causes-of-high-triglycerides.html

One of the main causes of high triglycerides which you can control ,is high fat food. As such to lower triglycerides basically you need to watch the food you eat and certainly exercise.

Hope I have provided you with sufficient information.If you need any more then pls post us.

I am glad that you have asked this question here and I will try and answer this here, you may reply to this so we can help you better if you have further doubts.

Triglycerides are normally found in blood and help in transporting fat from one area of the body to another.

High triglyerides are linked with development of atherosclerosis and pancreatitis.

There may be many causes for the high triglycerides, such as obesity, high sugar diets, diabetes mellitus, excess alcohol intake, familial disposition. However, the most important is Unknown causes which are known as idiopathic factors, such factors which have not been explained as yet.

I am sure that you would be practicing measures to ensure that they remain in the safe range from you. You may find more information at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertriglyceridemia

Let me know if you may need more help.