Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

uncontrollable shaking

Back in August 2009 my mother was reushed to the ER via ambulance due to uncontrollable seizure like shaking. She is 42 years old and has never been sick a day in her life. Now all of a sudden she has uncontrollable seizure like shaking that wont go away. The doctors at Kaiser say its her "subconcious mind" forcing her to shake. I personally dont believe it. If any one has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!!!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is possible to feel tremors or uncontrolled shaking all over the body. Tremors are often associated with drugs, alcohol, smoking, lack of sleep, poor sleep patterns, stress and fatigue. They can be seen in peripheral neuropathies of diabetes, in hyperthyroidism, parasomnia, multiple sclerosis, TIAs or transient ischemic attacks or mini strokes, hypoglycemia, disorders of calcium metabolism, hyperparathyroidism etc. Consult an internal medicine specialist or your PCP. Discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!