Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

undiagnosed hip pain

I have been a runner since 5th grade. I'm now 27 years old and am suffering with chronic hip pain. It first started in 1995 on my right hip- saw an orthopaedic who said the growth plate in my hip hadn't closed yet and that was causing pain. In Sept. 07 the pain returned, but in both hips. The top of the illiac crest is tender to touch, but the joints in the front of my body directly under the hip bones are whats bothering me. The orthopaedist sent me to a physical therapist who thinks its possibly a labrum tear.  But in both hips???? No one seems to know. I have been reading up on labrum tears and one of the symptoms is clicking of the hip which I don't have. I have pain when I get out of the car or have been sitting a long time.....I feel arthritic when I try to walk. Also moving my legs certain ways causes pain. I had an MRI in July 08 and it showed nothing.  I'm at my wits end and think I just might have to live with not being able to run and constantly having pain.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

There are a few possibilities for your symptoms.It can be due to arthritis(osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis),trochanteric bursitis(Inflammation of the sacs or space around the joint), Tendinitis from repetitive or strenuous activity, toxic synovitis or infection of the hip joint leading to necrosis. Low-back pain such as sciatica or fractures can also cause such pain.One more possibility is developmental dysplasia of the hip.Have you been investigated for all of these?

I sincerely advise you to consult a rheuamatologist and get yourself evaluated for these esp avascular necrosis of hip joint which can cause all these symptoms.One thing more that I would like to ask is whether you are having any lower back pain also.Multiple myeloma is another possibility.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.