Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

unexplained weight loss

I am an active 21 yrs old college student.  My height is 6'8 and I weight only 168.  For some reason, I am losing weight.  I have gone to the doctor several times questioning the weight loss, stomach pain/discomfort and diaharre.  after several test and blood work there are still not sure what is going on with my body.  I play baseball and I am very dedicated to my fitness training.  I realize the importance of eating well to maintan my proformance. I don't to drugs or steroids.  I would love to be healthier and heavier.  any ideas?

There are four possibilities which need evaluation.First is inflammatory bowel disease(Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis).Second possibility is of chronic malabsorption.Third possibility is of celiac sprue.Fourth possibility is of chronic infections or parasites.

I would recommend investigations like stool tests for ova and parasites,stool culture, flexible sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy,fecal fats and blood tests for celiac sprue.Pls consult a gastroenterologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.