Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

upper right abdomen discomfort

let me begin by saying that i will not have access to medical staff for about 2 months.

2 months ago, i began experiencing slight discomfort in a small spot in my upper right abdomen. this spot is below my right nipple, parallel to my stomach.

since then, the discomfort area seems to have grown some and become more constant.

it seems to bother me more toward the end of the day, but i can't tell if it's due to my posture or appears more after i eat or exert myself.

i am experiencing tightness on the right side of my back and right side now, but it feels more like tight / strained muscles than the discomfort in my right front abdomen.

as far as i know, i'm not showing any signs of jaundice.

i can't tell if it's from where i've been rubbing my side or my posture or what, but it feels like there are two bumps under my skin that are uncomfortable to the touch.

one bump is where my discomfort begain, the other is on my right side, slightly lower.

this is starting to concern me, any advice on isolating or diagnosing this issue would be greatly appreciated.
the tightness in my back began over the last couple of days and seems to be getting better, it runs from beneath my right shoulder blade to my right hip
also, i am a big guy, with known lower vertebrae issues
Welcome to the forum!
Right upper abdominal pain can be due to cholecystitis (inflammation of gall bladder), stones in gall bladder, abscess under the diaphragm, liver problems or due to duodenal ulcer. If this is in the chest area, it can also be due to costochondritis (inflammation of the joint between rib and sternum. The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains.
Since you do not have access to medical staff, it will be really tough to diagnose. Try and eliminate costochondritis by seeing if that area is tender or whether change of posture causes change in pain. If this is the case, application of local analgesic along with heat pad may help. Take OTC antacids and cut down on caffeine, smoking, fuzzy drinks, spicy food etc. See if this helps.
If nothing helps, you would need to consult a doctor. Keep a watch on the color of the eyes, urine for jaundice.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you very much for the advice. I will apply this and let you know.

Thus far, my eyes show no yellowing and my urine appears normal.

I have tested deep and rapid breathing, and I do not experience any change in discomfort or pain due to this.

I have noticed that I am discomfort / pain free when I wake up.

When I feel discomfort at time for bed, I've noticed that the feeling changes based on which side of my body I am laying on.

Also, I feel like the discomfort in my upper right abdomen and right side feels like it's near the surface of my skin or shallow under my skin.

It makes me think that it's in my muscle or lymph system, but I'm just guessing at this point.
Approximately 2 weeks ago, I worked from my bed for 3 days. During that time, i experienced no discomfort / pain.