Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

weight loss and joint pain

Hi i hope you can give me some advice. I am 25 and have pain in my knee's, ankles, hips, lower back, right shoulder  the right side of my ribs and now my hands. The pain started in my knee's during my early teens and i have never consulted a doctor for this. At 16 i went to the doctor about my lower back pain, i was sent for a scan on my kidneys which came back fine and no other tests or treatments were suggested. Since then the pain has spread. I have also lost almost 4 stone in weight in 6 months. I have not changed my eating habits or the amount or exercise i do.
I intend to consult my doctor about this problem (although as you can probably tell, i don't visit my doctor very often) but any advice would be welcomed.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There are various causes of multiple joint pains like osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic pathology, thyroid problems etc. Diabetes too should be ruled out as you are losing weight. Anemia, Vit D deficiency, cacium deficiency too should be looked for.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!