Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

what is wrong with my stomach?

three years ago i started to experience stomach problems. i was 14 and in class i would get extremely gassy and bloated no matter what i ate. i mentioned something to my doctor but i didn’t pay much attention because shorty after covid pulled me out of school and i wasn’t worried about dealing with it at home. now that we are back in school it’s almost unbearable. whenever i eat or drink my stomach bloats so much my muscles feel sore and i can’t eat without it coming up one way or another. my family has a history of gallbladder disease and we aren’t sure if it has to do with that. i got an x-ray about a week ago and the doctors couldn’t seem to find anything. having chronic pain everyday makes it really hard for me to feel like a normal teenager and the constant bloating and gas is really embarrassing in a school setting. please help if anything like this has happened to you or you may be able to help. thank you!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm confused.  Are you saying this problem went away when you stopped going to school due to covid?  If that's so, did you eat differently?  And if not, does being at school make you nervous?
Helpful - 0
Headoyle, I sympathize because I've had similar problems in the past!  In my case it turned out to be certain foods & food additives I can't tolerate.  Things that can cause these symptoms:  Milk or anything with added lactose; any sweetener that ends with "tol" such as sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol;  saccharine;  anything with inulin or chicory root.  Those are the big ones for me.  I've learned the hard way that I have to read the labels of EVERYTHING I put in my mouth.  I can't even chew gum that has xylitol!  Another possibility you might consider is gluten intolerance.  Irritable bowel syndrome is another possibility.  Please keep us posted, I really hope you can solve this issue!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.