A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members
701334 tn?1262857103

what mimics pancreatitis?

i have for 9 years now been getting this weard pain dead center right below my rib line,that extends into my back.
it lasts for  a few minutes,and goes away,,no throwing up,,nothing just a bad pain,,almost feels like a cramp in my diaphram or something,,but defanently internal...has woke me up from a dead sleep.
i do get heart burn,and upper abdominal pressure sometimes..have loose stool and bad gas almost all the time.
2 times now i have also started feeling sick,started a low grade fever,chills,,,and with that...i developed severe abdominal pain,with severe watery diahrea.,,,hurt even to touch my belly,went to hospital,,and had these tests done..
2 ct scans with barrium and iodine contrast.
full blood panel
amalayes/lipase
infection stool
no gullstones/no hiatal hernia
no enlargments of any organs.
they gave me fluids/pain medecine shot,and sent me home,,i was better in 1 days time....and diahrea stopped.
this happened 2 times one month apart.
i am 34 5-8 215 lbs.male,non smoker,stopped drinking(weeked warrior,heavy at times,but stopped)
i have a buddy with pancreatitis,and im scared this could be that too,but i look at him,and compare myself to him,and im NOWHERE near as bad as he is,,,,but what could be causing this pain in center into my back?
2 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like colitis. Colitis is a chronic digestive disease characterized by inflammation of the colon.

Common tests which reveals the signs of colitis include X-rays of the colon, testing the stool for blood and pus, sigmoidoscopy, and colonoscopy. Treatment of colitis may include the administration of antibiotics and general non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDS) medications; Azathioprine or similar immunosupressants; steroids such as prednisolone and prednisone and pain killers like buscopan.Severe cases may require surgery.

I sincerely advise you to consult a gastroenterologist and discuss this possibility with him.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

701334 tn?1262857103
ha,thanks for the idea there,i did some reading up on this condition,and some things sounds very similar.
would this cause some occasional bouts of cramp like pains just below the ribline,dead center,and extend into my back?
or could something elce cause this that could lead to colitis?
these has been a few times when i have wiped after a b/m and seen bright red blood,i had it checked out and was told it was a fissure,i took some antibiotics and i have not seen this for years,,,but just thismorning i had a somewhat "jagged" bm and i seen a little blood when i wiped,,i know this could happen,but not realy normal.
i also feel like i have to go to the bathroom more/like i have not finished or something.
i did mention i had 2 ct scams with barrium and iodine contrast and they said everything looked alright.
would colitis show up fairly easy?
they called those two bouts i has acute gasteritis,,witch to me means they had no clue what caused them,and that was a generalized prognosis!...i just dont know what the heck is wrong with me half the time,,,im only 34,and i feel like i dont have very long left on this earth half the time.
please let me know what elce you think,,i appreciate you giving me some of your time,,,mike
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.