whats wrong with my knee

Six months ago I went for a long run(I was training for a half marathon). Nothing unusual happened during the run. When I was done, my left knee hurt. After a week I saw a doctor. After a brace for a month,it wasn't better. Then physical therapy for a month. Still pain, but now, not just in the medial part of my knee but up and down my leg. Next, an orthopedic surgeon who suspects a tear in my meniscus. After an MRI and several tests done in his office I am told there is nothing medically wrong with me. He said cross train,stretch, ibuprofen and ice. I've been doing it for 6 weeks with no change in the pain. The inside of my knee hurts as well as my inner thigh and the inside of my upper calf. My back now hurts as well. Any ideas what's wrong with this 33 year old mother? Help!
I have the same problem and the same experience. I have spent thousands of dollars on physical therapy and the MRI and still no help. I rested the knee for 3 months (no running outdoors) and that helped. However I tried running today for the first time and my knee kills. Please let me know if you find out ANYTHING!!!!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.